Dinner Meeting - The Economics of Estate Planning for High Net Worth Individuals.
The Economics of Estate Planning for High Net Worth Individuals
The discussion will include economic analysis through 2 generations of several estate planning techniques, including SLAT’s and Sales to Intentionally Defective trusts, as well as some twists on how to best design those trusts. The financial impact of several generations will be clearly illustrated to help clients make more informed decisions.
A lot of high net worth clients have gifted some or all of their lifetime exemption. The question many of them have is how to best invest that money taking into account leveraging opportunities, income tax consequences, and the timing of when they would like those funds available for the next generation. We will address several options that should be considered.
- Co-founded Siller & Cohen in 1988
- Former Senior Tax Manager and National Speaker for Touche Ross
- Former Senior Vice President & National Director of Private Wealth Services for Lincoln Financial Advisors / Sagemark Consulting. Member of The International Forum and a guest lecturer. Member of the Estate Planning Council of New York City, Inc.
- Member of the New York and Connecticut State Societies of CPAs, and appointed to: The Family Office Committee, The Estate Planning Committee. The Entertainment, Arts and Sports Committee
- Recognized for major contributions to: “Marshall Loeb’s Lifetime Financial Strategies” and “52 weeks to Financial Fitness” (1996)
- Certified Continuing Education Instructor for Accountants and other professionals
- Quoted in: The Wall Street Journal, Financial Planning, Magazine, Time, MarketWatch, Westchester Business Journal, National Life Underwriter, Newsday
- Member of the Security Committee for Johns Hopkins University
- Successfully completed Harvard University’s Financial Leadership Program
- Co-founded Siller & Cohen in 1988
- Member and lecturer of Forum 400 (Organization of the top estate, business, and life insurance specialists in the country).
- Recipient of the 2005 and 2007 Lincoln Financial Advisors (LFA)/Sagemark Consulting Planner of the Year Award
- Member of LFA’s “Private Wealth Services”
- Member of the Steering Committee for the 2009 Barron’s conference as well as a speaker at their national conference in 2009 and 2010.
- Certified Continuing Education Instructor for accountants, recruiters, and other professionals in NY, NJ, and CT
- Guest Lecturer: Rice University, Real Estate Board of NY, Direct Marketing Association, National Weather Association, Newsletter Publishers Association, Numerous Charitable Organizations
- Quoted in: Wall Street Journal, FA Magazine, Time, MarketWatch, Money Magazine, Westchester & Fairfield Business Journals
- Bachelors degree in business
RSVP: MUST BE MADE ON-LINE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, November 29, 2013
RESERVATION POLICY: In order to be able to give the Crowne Plaza a more accurate count and avoid having the Council pay for meals for members who are not attending, it is respectfully requested that;
- all attendees register for all meetings no later than the RSVP date and,
- if necessary, cancel your attendance no later than 48 hours prior to the meeting if possible.
- Based upon our interpretation of the New York State Board for Public Accountancy regulations, this event will qualify for one (1) CPE credit in Specialized Knowledge. Our New York State CPE Sponsor license number is 000783.
- This program has been granted (1) CE credit for Certified Financial Planners.
Photos: By attending a meeting of the Estate Planning Council of Westchester (hereinafter “EPC Westchester”), you hereby: (1) give consent for EPC Westchester to use your photograph or image in its print, online and video publications; (2) release EPC Westchester, its employees and any outside third parties from all liabilities or claims that you might assert in connection with the above-described uses; and (3) waive any right to inspect, approve or receive compensation for any materials or communications, including photographs, videotapes, website images or written materials, incorporating photos/images of you.